Equal Temperament, Oh really, what else is news? (OT)

Thu, 21 Feb 2002 21:31:51 -0600

billbrpt,

At 20:34 02/21/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>And thanks for you contribution, Conrad, it really does put things into a
>nice perspective.

Why, thank you, Bill. I'm flattered.

>I already know what most of the world thinks about this and why they think
>what they do.

We know. We know.

>What you would have me do after the least bit of argument is to go away
>and hide.

Did I say that?  Please do some research and quote me verbatim, s'il vous
plaît.

>  Then it wouldn't be vitriolic and political because your line of
> thinking would have prevailed.

And that line of thinking is what?

>  But so long as I continue to write about what I think is important and
> relevant, it bothers you.

Au contraire, I believe that you could find that I have consistently
quarreled not with your content, but it's delivery.

>You have a choice, don't read it.  But because you do and you engage in
>argument or discussion, it means that you are troubled by what you fear
>may really be true but don't want to admit.

Thank you for your free psychoanalysis.  I'll take all these things and
ponder them in my heart.

>Therefore, your best defense is an offense, an attempt to put it down.

What is it I put down?  Just for the record, of course.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Decorah, Ia.  mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
then used against you.