Yes we have no dampers

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 09:39:29 EST

Greetings,
  I got a shock this a.m. when i tried to order a set of underlevers from
Steinway and Sons.  I am told that the  Hamburg parts(which don't fit many US
models) are the only ones available, otherwise, for New York Pianos, they are
only sold mounted on the tray, (at $834).  What happens to the tech that has
a dozen or two damaged underlevers? Are we expected to replace the entire
assembly?  That is nuts!
   What I need is a set of current production New York underlevers, or
aftermarket parts that have the same dimensions.  Anybody know, off hand, who
is making what out there?
Thanks,
Ed Foote RPT