Verituner users

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:53:18 -0500

Ron,
    It seems that your speaking mostly of the SAT when you ask "Where do the
different EDT's get you "out of the box", without any visual
matching of partials, or adjustments to the calculation. "
I have not had to do any adjustments or changes to the calculation to achieve a
very respectable tuning in Tunelab. Sure I could tweak some things and make what
to many customers ears would be an imperceptible difference but in most cases
it's hardly necessary. I did, however, do a great deal of tweaking when I used
my SAT. I don't wish to say negative things about the SAT. I'm sure that there
have been great improvements over time. I would still love to see a calculated
tuning from each program from samples or measurements from the same piano and
compare the values side by side. It might be interesting don't you think?

Greg

--
Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net