damper lift

Carl Meyer cmpiano@attbi.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 12:23:36 -0800

Again I forgot to measure the height of the key end that lifts the damper when the hammer is half way to the string.

Is there a relationship?  I want to set up the dampers now without the stack on the key frame since I'm waiting for the Ronsen hammers to arrive.

Would it be logical to assume that one-half stroke of the key would result in one-half hammer travel to the strings?

I think that's what I'll do and correct it later if necessary.  I can glue on the dampers now and be that far ahead after I get the hammers, shanks and flanges installed.

BTW what do you guys think of damper lift.  Do you favor early or late lift referred to half travel?

Thanks for your help.

Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
Santa Clara, California
cmpiano@attbi.com