Verituner Users

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 16:49:19 -0500

Isaac,
    Thank you for your opinions. I still have my doubts and would love to see
things quantified to support all the notions of granduer that we keep hearing
from Veritune's supporters. I respect your opinion as a good tuner with a good
ear. Still, like raising the level of the sharps tends to make the player think
of the keys weight as heavier so too can buying a new machine make a tuner think
that he is getting better results. Don't be too sensitive about this comparison,
I'm only illustrating the point that I would like to see things quantified in
such a way as to remove all doubt. If one were to measure the same partials the
other programs use after a Veritune tuning would that not give a comparison to
the partials measured by the other programs? I'm talking an after tuning
measurement here not a before tuning measurement when the Veritune has not had a
chance make it's tweaks and adjustments to the tuning curve along the way.
Perhaps each other program could then measure the final result from it's sample
notes and compute a tuning and then compare how far off the same partials are
for each note. Does this sound like a fair test?

Greg