Frequencies?

Joseph Alkana josephspiano@attbi.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:32:10 -0800

Uh, Stephen,
I'm having a little trouble finding HH, h, h1, h2, & h3 on my piano  :-) =
 :-)

Should I also assume that Diane knows that the only actual frequency =
from your chart one might find existing on his well tuned piano would be =
A  @ 440Hz?
Joseph Alkana  RPT
josephspiano@attbi.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Stephen Birkett=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2002 8:57 PM
  Subject: Re: Frequencies?

  >  Does anyone know of a site on the net where I can find a chart =
giving the frequencies for all the notes on the piano?  I am at the =
hearing safety convention and it would be helpful to me in talking with =
some of these people who understand frequencies a
  nd hearing but nothing about piano tuning.
  > I don't have much time to research on the internet because of =
classes, roommates, etc.  and would greatlly appreciate it if anyone has =
this information.
  > Thanks !
  > Diane Hofstetter
  > =20

  Here ye be Diane, complete with historical note names:

  f(Hz)
  1 AAA 27.5
  2 AAA# 29.1
  3 BBB 30.9
  4 CC 32.7
  5 CC# 34.6
  6 DD 36.7
  7 DD# 38.9
  8 EE 41.2
  9 FF 43.7
  10 FF# 46.2
  11 GG 49.0
  12 GG# 51.9
  13 AA 55.0
  14 AA# 58.3
  15 HH 61.7
  16 C 65.4
  17 C# 69.3
  18 D 73.4
  19 D# 77.8
  20 E 82.4
  21 F 87.3
  22 F# 92.5
  23 G 98.0
  24 G# 103.8
  25 A 110.0
  26 A# 116.5
  27 H 123.5
  28 c 130.8
  29 c# 138.6
  30 d 146.8
  31 d# 155.6
  32 e 164.8
  33 f 174.6
  34 f# 185.0
  35 g 196.0
  36 g# 207.7
  37 a 220.0
  38 a# 233.1
  39 h 246.9
  40 c1 261.6
  41 c#1 277.2
  42 d1 293.7
  43 d#1 311.1
  44 e1 329.6
  45 f1 349.2
  46 f#1 370.0
  47 g1 392.0
  48 g#1 415.3
  49 a1 440.0
  50 a#1 466.2
  51 h1 493.9
  52 c2 523.3
  53 c#2 554.4
  54 d2 587.3
  55 d#2 622.3
  56 e2 659.3
  57 f2 698.5
  58 f#2 740.0
  59 g2 784.0
  60 g#2 830.6
  61 a2 880.0
  62 a#2 932.3
  63 h2 987.8

  Stephen

  Stephen Birkett Fortepianos
  Authentic Reproductions of 18th and 19th Century Pianos
  464 Winchester Drive
  Waterloo, Ontario
  Canada N2T 1K5
  tel: 519-885-2228