Frequencies?

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 22 Feb 2002 17:51:46 -0700

Hi Joe,
The Germans used H for B ages ago.It still can be found on some antique =
bar type music instruments.
Seems that there were two european instrumental music lines, German and =
Italian. The italians playing violins and mostly in sharps, while the =
Germans were into the use of wind instruments that played more in the =
flat keys.
Bb was always there in the key and referred to as B. So when instruments =
were able to play more chromatically they needed to call B natural by =
another name hence the "H" . At least that was what my profs told me =
long ago. I do not have sources to quote.
Joe Goss
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Joseph Alkana=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 3:32 PM
  Subject: Re: Frequencies?

  Uh, Stephen,
  I'm having a little trouble finding HH, h, h1, h2, & h3 on my piano  =
:-)  :-)

  Should I also assume that Diane knows that the only actual frequency =
from your chart one might find existing on his well tuned piano would be =
A  @ 440Hz?
  Joseph Alkana  RPT
  josephspiano@attbi.com
    ----- Original Message -----=20