ET..phone home

Jon Page jonpage2001@attbi.com
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 07:02:13 -0500

At 09:10 PM 2/22/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Jon,
>If you hadn't told her, she'd probably have never known the difference.
>I have a Coleman 11 in one of my voice teacher's studio and as far as
>I know, she's had no complaints. The same in a practice room with
>Broadwood's Best.
>
>Avery
>
>At 05:28 PM 02/22/02 -0500, you wrote:
>>I offered a Moore Well Temperament to a vocalist who is more in the
>>operatic vein.
>>I set the temperament and asked her to listen.  She said that is sounded
>>metallic and wanted ET. No problem.

Avery,
I'd rather give her the option with only the temperament set rather than
chance retuning the whole piano.
And I would not spring it on someone unknowingly after years and years of
tuning their piano in my
best attempt at ET.

As far as most people are concerned, there is only one way to tune a piano.
I like to offer them a variety
but not force it on them.

Regards,

Jon Page,   piano technician