Wheelock/Fallboard Problem

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sat, 23 Feb 2002 20:13:47 -0800

You might check to see if the top stretcher comes out. I have a Starr Grand
that does that. Usually the clue is screws that go through the plate into
the stretcher, (your side of the tuning pins). On the Starr, you need a 16"
screwdriver to reach the screws that hold the cheek blocks in, at the back
of the block.
Never ceases to amaze me, how manufacturers decide to "button" it all up.
Must have been a few Chinese Puzzle fans in the factories. Mehlin was
another one that did weird things with case parts.
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)