An Awesome Moment

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 19:53:59 -0600

Hi Dave,

At 12:21 PM 02/25/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Carol:
>
>Fun isn't it!  I'm glad you got that opportunity.  Just don't tell
>the pianist, nor the management of the venue how much fun it is or
>they'll start making us pay them!
>
>dave
>
>PS   String tying is the most over rated skill in our job.  I really
>think broken strings are the reason God made new wire!

Amen! I still chuckle when I remember the story a top notch
rebuilder told me about when the technical test was taken by
them. "They" didn't know how to tie one of those knots and
the examiner asked what they would do if they were tuning
for a concert and a bass string broke. "Why, I'd go to my
shop and spin up a new one!!!!" :-) Love it! I can't do
that but I do have 3 other D's to rob a string from if I
ever had to!

Avery