Rach 3 results was Re: Test Blows

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 20:13:27 +0100

  De : owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]De la part de
Wimblees@AOL.COM
  Envoye : mardi 26 fevrier 2002 15:44
  A : pianotech@ptg.org
  Objet : Rach 3 results wasRe: Test Blows

  In a message dated 2/25/02 7:39:47 PM Central Standard Time, avery@ev1.net
writes:

    I just tune
    >the concert hall piano, and I probably did 10 - 12 "test" blows on each
    >string, to make sure the piano will hold for the Rach 3, which is what
is
    >on the program.
    >
    >Wim

  Just a quick follow up on the above. The piano held up, except for C#5.
About midway through the first movement, the unison went out. Of course
that's where it is played over and over again. From the audience I could
here another unison out of tune here and there, but not as blatant as the
C#. After the concert, however, the pianist complimented me on the tuning.
He was grateful the piano held up as good as it did, not just for the
concert, but throughout the weekend during the rehearsals.

  Wim