Dino Baffetti Chromatic Accordions

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:02:17 EST

List,

I heard back from the Cajun Accordion maker, Larry Miller and apparently he
has taken on new lines of chromatic accordions.  The catalog is impressive.
If you have questions about accordion tuning, maintenance and repair, Larry
is the friendliest, most gracious person you'd ever want to ask.

Here is the URL to the new lines of Italian made accordions:

http://www.leebenoit.com/boncajun/dinobaffetti/

I, personally would like to know how they are tuned.  I assume it is Equal
Temperament but how much deviation is used for the tremolo effect?  Is it as
much as 15 cents?  Also, has anyone ever proposed tuning a chromatic
accordion in any other temperament than Equal Temperament?  Are the higher
reeds tuned slightly sharp for "octave stretch"?  If so, how much?

I've sent a copy of this post to Larry.  Maybe he will care to answer these
questions and/or make a few comments.  If so, Larry, please send a copy of
your reply to:

pianotech@ptg.org

Also, any of you who may be interested in what true Cajun music sounds like
played on a true Cajun Accordion made by Larry Miller, get one of Lee
Benoit's CD's available through Larry's website.  Lee is also one of the
warmest, friendliest people I know.  The Cajun French language is his mother
tongue.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin