Chip Miller's Figures now available on my website

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:56:45 EST

List,

I found Avery Todd's student, Chip Miller's list of HT figures to be very
impressive.  He granted permission for me to put a link to them on my website.

Just scroll down to the link called, "Cents Deviation Figures for all the
HT's you'd ever care to try".

I still have not yet approved any official figures for the EBVT, mainly
because even if there were ones I were satisfied with, the octave tuning
(which is just as important) would not be the same.  However, the figures for
the 1/9 Comma Meantone are the closest I've ever seen.  The EBVT might be
thought of as a 1/9 Comma Modified Meantone Temperament.

I suggest trying the 1/9 Comma figures and see what you get.  I think you'll
be pleasantly surprised, especially what the key of Ab does for Romantic
music like Chopin's and Debussy's.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin