VT/RCT/TLpro data

Greg Newell gnewell@ameritech.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:23:40 -0500

Ron,
    There does indeed appear to be a difference. You say that you did not tune
the piano. How did you come up with the numbers from the Veritune? What notes
did you sample for each program. The same notes for each? In the first
comparison it seems that there is quite a difference in how the two handle a
tuning curve. The second example shows a bit more parallelism if I'm not
mistaken. Mind you this is only a cursory examination. It seems that the second
example shows quite similar curves but more stretch in the bass on the Veritune
sampling. Anyone else with other observations?

Greg

P.S. It would be nice to see this in a graph if you already have the numbers in
such a tool. Otherwise I could do it myself.

GN

--
Greg Newell
mailto:gnewell@ameritech.net