Test Blows...Clarification

SimsPiano@AOL.COM SimsPiano@AOL.COM
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 22:39:33 EST

Hi all,
I should make my technique clearer.  This is just something I'm trying out
and may not stick to.  I'm doing this partly, because most of the test blows
I do, don't knock the string out of tune....so here's my procedure.

1. tune piano with no test blows.
2. put earplugs in, take both hands and hit keys in pairs (saves even more
time) about 5 times each as a test blow.
3.  check bass notes.
4.  listen to unisons and fix any noisemakers.

I'm also thinking that the chances of a test blow knocking all 3 strings of a
trichord out equally are really slim, so I'm just listening for bad unisons,
mostly.

OK....now......FIRE AT WILL ;)...and thanks again for all the previous