Unusual Piano

PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM PNHISTIC1@AOL.COM
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:48:41 EST

I've seen a Rippen piano with the same type of action.  Hideous, and
unusable.  It was only about 15 years old, too.

Dave Stahl

In a message dated 2/27/02 3:40:34 AM, pianotechnicianuk@yahoo.com writes:

<<
--- Don <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone come across a piano called Topic produced
> by a company called
> Mahler Pianos (International Piano Industries Ltd.)
> and sold by musik-siebler?
>
> The action is mainly some sort of white plastic
> (nylon?) Only the keys,
> hammer shanks, moldings and dampher blocks appear to
> be wood.
>
> Any idea how long such an instrument (of torture)
> might last?
>
> Regards,
> Don Rose, B.Mus., A.M.U.S., A.MUS., R.M.T., R.P.T.
>
> mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
> http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/
>
> 3004 Grant Rd.
> REGINA, SK
> S4S 5G7
> 306-352-3620 or 1-888-29t-uner

Sounds just like the Lindner piano which was made in
Ireland.
Except the keys were also hollow plastic on those.
The action parts break very easily after a few years
and are not servicable.