Bechstein Date

Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:03:44 -0800

I'm trying to identify the date of a Bechstein IV (7'4").  It appears =
that the serial number has been removed from the plate by overly =
vigorous cleaning.  I can find no other number except an embossed number =
on one of the cross braces under the piano.  This number reads 16226.  I =
don't believe this is the serial number as that would put the piano back =
to 1885.  The owner seems to think it is c 1910-1915.  Anybody know what =
that number refers to and can I trace the date through it?

Thanks

David Love