Key Leveling Devices

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:38:43 -0500

I had tried a couple different methods and was not happy with my key leveling results (I think one of them was an expensive Jaras thing). A few months ago I purchased a key leveling system from Carl Meyer. It is very simple and works great - wait, better than great - it's excellent.  I have used it many times now and my results are great and my speed at the task has improved greatly. Contact Carl at: cmpiano@home.com

Terry Farrell

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kelly & Bill" <kellybill_m@hotmail.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2002 6:36 PM
Subject: Key Leveling Devices

List,

I am curious to know what everyones favorite method (tool) for doing a complete key-leveling job is.  I am new to the sport and would like input on the best tool for the job.  So far the only methods I'm aware of are: aluminum straight edge, the Jaras tool, and the Sciortino tool.  Are there others?

Thanks for the input

William R. Monroe
Salt Lake City, UT