Clean piano

HazenBannister@cs.com HazenBannister@cs.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:54:54 EST

Hi list,
  I was at a church today for a cleaning,and tuning on a small grand.I used a
yard stick to clean the soundboard,under the strings.It worked a lot better
than a soundboard steel.It is flexible,but stiffer,so you can push a cloth
easier,and a much thicker one.It is also very soft wood,so there's no chance
of scratching the wood.You can also insert it at the treble string break and
cover the whole board.Push the cloth to the top of the treble,and with the
action out,you can remove the cloth with your hand.
Hazen Bannister