Repairing a Conn Strobotuner

Carl Teplitski koko99@mb.sympatico.ca
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:58:20 -0600

Had the same problem with mine yrs, ago. Use my strobe on my bench
for accordion, guitar, organ. Do not tune piano with it, as I don't think
it's as easy to adjust for stretch as with other , newer units. My strobe
developed a noisy motor as well. I ordered a new motor and received
same. Guess what, the new motor made the exact same sounds. I don't
mind telling you I was ticked off plenty. Well that was about 25 yrs. ago, and
it's still making the same noise, and if I use it for another 25 yrs., it will
keep making that noise. When it's placed on the C note, noise stops.???
For some purposes, the strobe unit is very effective, and worth repairing.
If you do get it repaired I for one would be interested to know.
I have a Yamaha tuner, with the running sign wave type picture, produced
on a CRT, picture tube. The picture tube is flat, and I'm looking for a
replacement. If someone has one, I would be interested in hearing. Please
reply on my personal Email address.

Carl