Muting high treble

Stephen Airy stephen_airy@yahoo.com
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 19:10:36 -0800 (PST)

Hmm.  It works fine for me on the few pianos I've
tuned  (I HAVE tuned a few others besides my own).  I
wouldn't do it on spinets and consoles, though.  What
method would you recommend?  Several months back an
83-year-old piano tuner (and personal friend) told me
he inserted the mutes in note by note in the treble.
Which method do you find works better, strip or
individual mutes?