Bandsaw Recommendation

Marcel Carey mcpiano@globetrotter.net
Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:39:47 -0500

Terry,

The only question I would have with the Inca is the size of throat. If you
intend to do a lot of rebuilding, you probably will buy the pinblocks in
double size. I not sure if 10 1/2" would be wide enough to do this job.
Maybe others know.

Marcel Carey, RPT
Sherbrooke, QC

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-pianotech@ptg.org [mailto:owner-pianotech@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Farrell
Sent: 23 mars, 2002 20:12
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Bandsaw Recommendation

Hi Newton. Thanks for responding. From the feedback and from what I have
gleened from my catalogs and the web, my choice is between the Inca Model
340 10-1/2 inch and the Delta 14-inch (either the 3/4 hp or the 1 hp unit).
I am not bandsaw-savy, but I know that cheap tools are just that - cheap! I
have never used a bandsaw. My uses will be aimed strictly at piano
rebuilding.