Rescalers?

Newton Hunt nhunt@optonline.net
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:44:50 -0400

1.  There may be someone out there who has rescaled this piano.  Likely not.
2.  I will provide you with a specification chart, you send it to a string
winder for fabrication.
3.  I charge a one time fee of one tuning fee, yours.

You need to provide the following information:
  Speaking lengths of every note.
  Length of bass tails from speaking side of bridge pin to speaking side of
hitch pin.
  Core, wrap and under wrap diameters of first and last mono and bichord notes.
  I may suggest (on this size of piano certainly) wound strings for the middle
section in which you will provide necessary hitch pin distances.

It is a matter of looking at loudness factor, breaking %, tension, inharmonicity
and finding ways to make them all work together.

Very likely the piano can be made to sound six to twelve inches larger than it
actually is in the bass section, the weakness of early designs.

You can purchase Tremaine Parsons' PScale program, read the instructions and
have at it yourself.  Make your own mistakes, as I have, :)

		Newton Hunt
		mailto:nhunt@optonline.net