Scales on Plates & Books with scales for specific models

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:24:30 -0700

Hazen et al,
The reason for doing a Scale Evaluation is to check for the factory
mistakes/errors/screw-ups, etc. In 25 years of doing scales, I can only
remember ONE piano that I didn't have to "enhance". I've probably done 200
scales or better. With those kinds of odds, I sure as hell would not trust
anything coming from the factories, etc. Any similarity between the original
prototype/design and what comes off the end of the production line, is IMHO
purely dumb luck on someone's part.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)