A classic example of a bad scale

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Thu, 2 May 2002 18:57:23 +0000

I played one at a piano store a few weeks ago.  It had an interesting
sound.  Also, which one is the 4'11" model?  I played one of those,
too, that had plain wire all the way to the break.  By contrast, my
mom's YC baby grand the same size has 8 wound bichord unisons in the
tenor.  The Yamaha had an interesting sound in the lowest few notes in
the tenor.

--
  Stephen Airy
  stephenairy@fastmail.fm