(was) Large disk sander - hammer tapering jig

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 4 May 2002 13:18:03 +0200

Hi all,

Thanks for your ideas about the large sander I am looking for.

I have hear very good comments on the radial saw jig from spurlock always,
but I wonder , if the jig is not reversible, the hammer holding (precision)
may be better for one side  (right)  than for the other.

Or is it possible to use the gig the same on the 2 sides ?

With the disk sander, felt is very easily hardened by the heat generated if
the abrasive is not first class, and I don't like that.
I understand that oscillating sanders are used in some factories for that
purpose (curtain going up & down) , probably to avoid the felt problem.
I can't find that kind of tool in classic catalogs.

Thanks again

Regards.

Isaac OLEG