Damper felt removal

Brian Lawson lawsonic@bdmail.co.za
Sun, 5 May 2002 21:42:15 +0200

I was taking off damper felt from an S&S D recently, just poked a scalpel in
there and they separated easily, only really glued along one side.

Brian

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: 05 May, 2002 08:54 PM
Subject: Re: Damper felt removal

HazenBannister@cs.com wrote:

> Hi list,
> What is everyone's favorite damper felt removal process.I know this
> was metioned not long ago,but my memory is even shorter.
> Thanks,
> Hazen Bannister

I like to soak them in with a mixture of water, wallpaper remover, and
vinegar. I also like to keep this mixture as warm as I can when applying
it to the felt. Let it work on the glue for a half hour or so... perhaps
a second application to keept the underfelt nice and soaked... then just
peal off, clean residues, and let dry.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.