Getting the action parts

Claudia Cimenti claudia_cimenti@mail.com
Mon, 06 May 2002 12:56:49 -0700

Hi all,

I am somewhat confused.  In one of the posts re: my request about how to
clean an action, somebody wrote:

>Avoid using anything wet to clean the action.

At the same time, other people recommend using certain liquid recipes to
get the action clean. Today I read about people taking damper assemblies
into the shower to get the damper felt off...

So, is it ok for action parts to become wet? I guess there is a distinction
to be made between using a small amount of liquid on a rag to clean stuff,
and then drying it off vs. putting a whole assembly in liquid. What are
possible ramifications of getting action parts wet? Next to felts coming
off, what about center pin bushings, etc?

Thanks in advance for your clarifications.

Regards,
/Claudia