HTs on RCT

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Mon, 6 May 2002 23:44:42 -0400

At 10:04 PM -0400 5/6/02, Clyde Hollinger wrote:
>Bill,
>Yes, you are correct.  A couple people mentioned the same tunings, so I'll
>probably start with one of those.  RCT includes Representative Victorian Moore
>and also Ellis Tuner #4 Broadwood Best -- is that the same thing as simply
>"Broadwood Best?"  I'll probably try that, too, sooner or later.

Did you buy more than 12 HTs with your RCT, or do have a later
version than 3.0? There's  no read-me file with the bundled HT, so,
although there may be a few matches between the generalized
collection in the RCT and the one's that everybody's talking so
familiarly of on this list. The only one which is recognizable is the
Vallotti-Young.

It's kind of like we asked where's a truck stop where the waitress
serves things particularly nicely, and the namedroppers in this
thread (sorry gang, it's all greek to me) immediately start
rhapsodizing about their own favorite waitress. Maybe some day, you
and I will meet all these waitresses, but for now we'd just like the
address of one of those truck stops. You know, so that we can
actually go there. Maybe we've missed something, maybe it requires a
CDL to go to a truckstop.

>It is interesting to me that quite a few HTs
>that are mentioned on this list are not in the RCT file.

I think there's a much larger collection than what RCT offer's, a
selection to be had by exchanging files (like, totally, mp3s,
whatever).

>And as a really green
>beginner, I'll probably start here before venturing any farther.

It is possible to do these tunings aurally, although an ETD saves you
the worry that the interval widths have not been compensated for the
distortion of the local inharmonicity. Let me know if someone sends
you a file or a chart.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Talking about music is like dancing about architecture"
     ...........Steve Martin