Just Intervals?

Susan Kline sckline@attbi.com
Wed, 08 May 2002 12:11:26 -0700

Define just minor and major thirds, please. Beatless? And how do they
compare to tempered minor and major thirds in size?

I hear that minor third (B-G#) as very small, and very pleasingly small,
smaller than it would sound on a piano. Others, too, different than
tempered, but on the opposite side from "just", i.e., minor thirds smaller,
major thirds and major sixths wider.

Your spectral analyzer listens to the doublestopped intervals? Can you in
some way measure successive tones in the melodic line -- i.e. how small is
the G#-A semitone?

(thanks)

Susan