1969 Steinway L CBS?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 11 May 2002 13:59:41 -0400

Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank =
you, thank you.

I think part of it also is where Steinway has chosen to position =
themselves. Let's face it, the bedroom or office antics of Joe Smoe are =
hardly front page news and nobody really cares one way or another. But =
for whatever reason, if Joe gets elected president, then suddenly his =
bedroom, or Oval Office, or wherever antics become something to be =
concerned about. I'm probably partly guilty of that. I think the =
Steinway marketing dept. has done its part of positioning the company =
with their name recognition, and I suppose it will always make them a =
target to some degree. I guess it can be lonely at the top.  :-)

But unlike what John Lennon said, I said what I said, but I am not sorry =
I said it!

Terry Farrell

YUK! My spell checker wanted to change John's last name to "Lenin"! I =
don't think so!
 =20
----- Original Message -----=20
From: <Kdivad@AOL.COM>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2002 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: Re: 1969 Steinway L CBS?

>=20
> As a technician who works on a lot of Steinways I find it amazing that =
we can not even discuss the problems at Steinway without it being called =
condemnation or bashing. I like Steinways but they are not my master, if =
there are problems that a lot of us have run into why not discuss them. =
They become hard to discuss when as soon as you bring one up the =
Steinway posse jumps all over you. As Terry stated he has much respect =
for Steinway, which shows the pressure to preface our criticisms. We =
discuss the problems of a lot of piano manufacturers but none of them =
bring up the defenses like Steinway, though Yamaha is building momentum =
(not including grey pianos). Most of the posse members will choose to =
ignore or dismiss the facts behind some of Steinway criticisms.