1969 Steinway L CBS?

Isaac OLEG SIMANOT oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 12 May 2002 20:21:20 +0200

Terry,

Well then I may misunderstand your feel, and apologize to seem rude, but
that makes me think of how I felted when in front of supposed good pianos
that are almost always showing flaws and defect that we would not be
expecting.

I still prefer working on them because of the sound expected, but I will not
rant on them, too time consuming.

Beside I suspect that your US S&S have a lot of defects, and it is fairly
understandable in a land where the green bill is of so much concern.

I believe too that many experienced techs are not writing anymore on the
forum, because of these kind of critical comments, even if they are true. It
is not of your fault particularly, but the words there lacks of deepness too
often.

Good luck with your soundboard, that is a very interesting project and it is
self honorable (not sure of the world).

P.S. My brother violinist is very friend with his violin maker, and he build
himself an alto (named "Artaban" !). This is a tricky work , but the
instrument plays well and he is very proud of it !

Regards.

Isaac OLEG