1969 Steinway L CBS?

Erwinspiano@AOL.COM Erwinspiano@AOL.COM
Sun, 12 May 2002 19:23:38 EDT

In a message dated 5/11/2002 5:05:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
hufford1@airmail.net writes:

> Subj:Re: 1969 Steinway L CBS?
> Date:5/11/2002 5:05:24 PM Pacific Standard Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:hufford1@airmail.net">hufford1@airmail.net</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>
>          Robin

      I just wanted to say that I really appreciate your ability to
communicat fairly and logically in written form. This post is no exception
and I too found the comments about Terry condescending. Of all list
contributers Terry is as honest and self effacing as any and he's not trying
to pretend to know something he doesn't and asks. And look how much he's
learned from that approach. His progress in the business exceeds many  whom
progress I've followed over the years.I see it in his posts.
    I also appreciate your comments on  S&S from your  largely impartial and
introspective point of view. I hope the company doesn't cook there own goose
with the objections I'm hearing from many.
   I'd love to see some real risks taken with substantive changes such as a
reintroduction of the Long S&S model A. I understand their resistance to
change based on the success of the company but as a wise person once said
failure isn't fatal and success isn't final.
  When a person or company has succes they must continue to make the honest
choices ,well thought out,that made them successful and throw off the ones
with potential to harm  over time.
   As you know many business decsisions can be honest but ill concieved such
as teflon. A failure to my mind,coupled with geometry problems. Or vertigris.
You know I wonder, what did they know and when did they know it. Some things
we are left to second guess but we all still are left to repair problems all
the same and fortunately a whole industry has sprung up and developed  to
treat these very maladys.
    Two edged sword, good for us ,not so good for the client often times.