More pinblock questions

Tue, 14 May 2002 21:27:33 -0700

Ed,

I was very interested in your suggestion about reaming the block for o/s =
pins with a drill bit dulled about the first inch or so.   I wanted to =
follow this up with a few questions, if you don't mind.  I have a block  =
that I am going use o/s pins with and want to try it.   In this block I =
am only going from a #2 to a #3 pin.  My questions are:

1.  Do you do this with a hand held power drill?  A hand drill, or a =
t-wrench? =20

2.  How do you dull the bit? =20

3.  Since the wood in the block has already been compressed by virtue of =
the #2 pin, will a drill bit normally used for a #3 pin be the correct =
size for reaming, or will it be too small?

Thanks,

David Love