Tom Sheehan's health

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Fri, 17 May 2002 17:41:11 -0400

Dear Friends,
Two weeks ago I heard from New York City Chapter members regarding Tom
Sheehan's health. Last Friday he had an operation to remove his
esophagus (due to cancer) which, even in the best circumstances, would
involve two months' recuperation before he could work again, and a full
year before his recovery would be complete. I spoke to him several days
before the operation and he was very optimistic about the procedure.
Below I have copied several post-operative updates I had received,as
well as today's, which isn't good news. Let's hope and pray he pulls
through; Tom is a real treasure.
Patrick Draine
NERVP
Billerica, MA

Date: Mon May 13, 2002  07:13:58 PM US/Eastern
To: "J Patrick Draine" <draine@attbi.com>
Subject: Re: update on Tom?

Tom's surgery went very well no complications even though it was a long
surgery nearly 8 hours.  He was in ICU all weekend so my information is
limited.  Hopefully he will be getting his room tomorrow and as soon as I
know where he is going to be I will get the word out.  Tom is welcoming
all
phone calls and visitors.  I already told him before hand that I was
going
to let him rest the first few days so I will go maybe Wed. or Thurs.  I
received your E-mail and greatly appreciate that there is support for
Tom if
need be.  Right now Tom says he is okay, but I still may hold a 50/50
raffle
or something for him.

Thank you,

Ray Kampermann