Bass Strings-OT

Frances Helms fhelmsf@netscape.net
Tue, 21 May 2002 14:03:12 -0400

The pre-twisted core concept reminded me of a story Augie McCollum used to tell - probably an old saw to all of you.  He claimed he had once gotten a call from a woman who had a broken bass string on her piano.  Because they lived in a remote area, she didn't want the expense of paying a technician to come replace the string.  She was confident that her husband could install the string but not tune it.  So she requested that Augie pre-tune the string and mail it so that it would be in tune when her husband installed it.
Fran (KS)