trichords unisons

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 31 May 2002 15:09:17 -0400

> The PTG Tuning Exam's tolerance is 0.9 cents.  Any unison found to have more
> than 0.9 cents difference between any 2 strings of a trichord unison will
> have points deducted.  Basically, this means that any unison must not have a
> beat in it that is about 1 beat per second or more.

I thought there were about 4 cents per cycle per second in the middle of the keyboard. So would you not need a difference of 4 cents between two strings to get 1 beat per second? That would make the PTG exam tolerance of about 1/4 beat per second, or 1 beat per four seconds. Or am I missing something?

Terry Farrell