Trips to the car!

Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:50:25 -0400

HI Joe -

I hear you, and understand your point, but I guess I don't consider
bringing things into the home that I have found I am likely to need on a
regular basis unwarranted.  Protek, glue, regulating tools, flashlight,
etc... .  Only bringing in tuning tools seems a bit overly spartan, to
me.   I guess my parameters are based on what will fit comfortably into
the Genck case.  Why go in with a half-empty case?

It is worth noting, too, that here in Ohio it is hot outside in the
summer, so we are leaving air conditioning to go to the car.  No yeoman's
task, sure, but not enjoyable, either.Conversely, in winter it is likely
to be damn cold, and remaining seated in the heated home is preferable.
Granted, many is the time I need to make trips to the car for what you
call "something special", and that is, of course, unavoidable.  But I do
think it seems a bit more professional to appear to have the tools of the
trade at hand, rather than running out to the car for something that I
run into on a regular basis.

Different strokes...

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com