Trips to the car!

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:40:39 EDT

In a message dated 01/10/02 8:24:25 PM, ilvey@sbcglobal.net writes:

<< I do agree that it is more professional to have exactly what you need at
all times...but my arms veto this idea everytime.

David, Mark;
 Perhaps there is another way to look at this also........ That being looking
unprofessional by carrying all sorts of needless paraphenalia/boxes
etc.............. there is another facet of light vs heavy toolkits.....this
being that we put enough strain on our arms/shoulders as it is without adding
to the daily strain by carrying needless tools/supplies 'just in case'.

 In Marks school work it makes sense to be prepared for the things he 'might'
run into as the trip to car/school workshop can be aggrvatingly
long..........but in normal service work with normal customers I feel that
'more' is redundant and 'less' is better. A basic tuning setup that will
cover grands/verticals basic tools for repinning and a set of regulating
tools along with your favorite small pliers and assorted screwdrivers make up
a very workable kit. I use a Doctors bag and it weighs all of 11 pounds fully
loaded.....but as someone has already said "different strokes".....
Jim Bryant (FL)