double-hitting hammers

Tom Driscoll tomtuner@attbi.com
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:26:09 -0400

-----

Hello List,

I have a customer with a Kimball console complaining of hammers that
"double hit" (that is her quote).  I suspect that "blubbering" is
another name for it.

Any suggestions on what to look for or adjust?

thank you

Brian Doepke
doepkeb@comcast.net

            Brian,

            First determine the why. Is it worn parts, loose-unglued
catcher shanks? More likely it's the butt bouncing off the top of the
jack on rebound. This is vertical action regulation 101 and any good
checklist will walk you through this.

            Keydip, blow distance, lost motion and  letoff  when
correctly adjusted will result in sufficient aftertouch,and correct this
double strike problem.

            Again , find the reason and the fix will be obvious

            Good luck

            Tom Driscoll