Laying Down on the Job

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 12:51:30 -0500

Keith,

At 12:21 10/2/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>>...With all due respect.
>
>List,
>
>I own two tilters and use them most of the time. But there have been times
>when I have lowered pianos on their back as well.

I also have two, but when you forget them is when you wish you had them!

I had a warranty call once to fix a rattle on a console.  I found part of a
broken drillbit was buzzing against the soundboard. I could see it with
inspection mirror and flashlight, but couldn't get to it with magnetic
pickup/soundboard steel/etc.  I had to remove the bottom board.  I tilted
it up on it's side (carpeted living room).  No problem.  After that, I also
started carrying either a Yankee or a power screwdriver in my
have-to-go-out-to-the-truck-so-it-will-cost-you-extra toolbox.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Music Technician
Luther College, 700 College Drive, Decorah, Iowa 52101-1045
Voice-(563)-387-1204  //  Fax (563)-387-1076(Dept.office)

-The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.