Yamaha hinges

Gevaert Pierre pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 22:19:54 +0200

C'est un message de format MIME en plusieurs parties.

Hi list,

Last week I had a demand for fixing two identical problems on two Yamaha =
G3 pianos.
Both have the hinges and screws teared out of the rim.
(this could confirm the use of to soft woods in the Yamaha rims as =
explained by Larry Fine?)=20
As woodworkings is not(yet) of my speciallity, I'd like to know what is =
the best way to fix this.
I thought about chissel out the lose wood and gluing a new pi=E8ce of =
hardwood with epoxy and bore new holes.
Could it be possible to fix this in less than 3 hours with fast =
hardening epoxy or another glue? (on of the clients asks)

Pierre Gevaert,
Belgium