Universal bass string replacement

Alan R. Barnard mathstar@salemnet.com
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 21:35:58 -0500

Just a thought (though I'll let others with more experience answer the
question you asked) ... you said "today I was fortunate enough to break a
bass string while tuning ..."

No No No. Implies guilt and reponsibility. Unless you really were the
culprit, the correct phrase is: "A string broke while I was tuning ..." or,
if explaining prior to pitch raising or tuning old, rusty strings, etc., "
... a string might break ..."

The difference is subtle but powerful. A bit of very good advice right out
of the 'ole Potter course.

Alan Barnard
Stringin' Along in Salem, MO