Laying Down on the Job

kam544@gbronline.com kam544@gbronline.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 00:41:17 -0500

>... are these
>folding tilters strong or stable enough to support the piano...
>If they are strong enough, then even for 100-year-old behemoths?
>Greg S.
>Pensacola, FL

I've had my two since the late 70s' and have tilted the heaviest of
the behemoths. Ironically, the hardest to tilt are the smallest
spinets. Has to do with the distribution of weight and balance.

I did have modifications made to the feet by welding an 1/2" diameter
steel rod, thereby extending the distance about 2" further out.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Piano Technicians Guild