Tips, tricks and tools

Jack Houweling JackHouweling@dccnet.com
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 23:05:26 -0700

     I have replaced many sets of keytops but have never replaced the =
fronts. The iron takes to long since you cannot rest them on the fronts =
and a sharp knife just splinters the fronts so I found that using a =
chisel and one firm tap will take them off. It will not affect the wood =
because the grain runs against it.                 =20
                           Learning as we go along
                                              Jack