Genck Tool Case

Bill Ballard yardbird@pop.vermontel.net
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:05:29 -0400

At 11:12 PM -0500 10/3/02, Laura Olsen wrote:
>I bought a Genck tool case at a PTG chapter auction about 12 years ago.  The
>pallet that is glued to the top was glued in with hot glue and every time it
>got warm in my car...

Just like a piano technician to put a tool case together with hot
hide glue. <g> I'm sure he's changed since.

At 9:43 AM -0500 10/2/02, Ron Nossaman wrote:
>Professionalism costs at least 60% more than mere competence for the same job.

My choices are currently the Genck @ $249, replacing my Jensen @
$162, and John Ross's LowePro Nova 5, which I've priced locally @
$73. It's a case of less is more (the Genck allows for the least
tools and costs the most), and more is less (the LowePro carries the
most and costs the least).

At 2:10 PM -0500 10/2/02, Bruce Genck wrote (personal reply):
>After all these years I still remain curious as to why so many
>technicians carry so many tools (weight) into the home with them every
>day when only half are used on any regular basis?  It only takes a few
>seconds to go to the car.
>
>Hope this helps.
>
>Respectfully,
>
>Bruce Genck
>Genck Cases

I agree, too. Your regular maintenance may seem like a chore, but in
fact is an exercise in focusing on what you really need to pack to
get through the standard service/tuning appointments.

But this is not a soap opera. I'll make up my mind over this weekend.
Thanks for your input, Laura.

Bill Ballard RPT
NH Chapter, P.T.G.

"Tomorrow is going to be a 'Say Something' Hat Day. "
     ...........Patrick Swazey in "To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything....."