Tips, tricks and tools

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:16:13 -0600

At 06:51 AM 03/10/02 -0400, Bill Ballard wrote:

>At 11:50 PM -0700 10/2/02, Joseph Garrett wrote:
>>This voicing tool made out of brass rod, what happens when the needle
>>breaks!? How are you going to replace it, if it's soldered in?
>>Seems to me that a set screw would be a better way to go. Easy to do. <G>
>
>Ask a set screw to hold the needle(s) in and immediately you need
>something the diameter of the Hart voicing tool.

I'm not sure how big the Hart tool is, but Mike Swendsen has made some
beautiful brass "chopstick" voicing tools with an extremely small
allen-type set screw holding the needle. I'll put a photo on my ftp site if
anyone's interested.

                 John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
Pianotech IRC chats Tuesday and Thursday nights and Sunday Mornings
http://www.bigfoot.com/~kmvander/ircpiano.html