Loose Tuning Pins Solution

Fri, 04 Oct 2002 22:38:48 +0200

Grin... well at least we know it was indeed MY post you were refering
too.

Not to meaning to be difficult or anything... wouldnt you think the
leather would get compressed to next to nothing before the wood would
be affected at all ? A 2 mm wide piece of backcheck leather is not all
that much material to put in.

I kind of liked the idea because, like the sandpaper scheme, you are
not puting anything in you cant simply remove later. Tho I must admit
the jumpyness is a negative.

On the side... most loose pin syndroms I have seen dont really suffer
that much from hole deformation. I've seen a few really bad cases but
they always seem to be accompanied by pins that are installed with the
coil waaayyy out from the hole. Bushed pins.... cant remember ever
really noticing the problem on these. Or what ??

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne