how long until good sound

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 13:49:56 EDT

In a message dated 10/5/2002 10:40:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no writes:

> Subj:Re: how long until good sound
> Date:10/5/2002 10:40:52 AM Pacific Daylight Time
> From:<A HREF="mailto:Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no">Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no</A>
> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
> Sent from the Internet
>

> Erwinspiano@aol.com wrote:

>>> Date:10/5/2002 12:34:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time
>>> From:<A HREF="mailto:Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no">Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no</A>
>>> To:<A HREF="mailto:pianotech@ptg.org">pianotech@ptg.org</A>
>>> Sent from the Internet
>>>                 Rick
>>>

>>                         By The way most of this happens within the first 4
>> to 6 months up      to a year. I don't care if it's explained but I think
>> it's important to know that it can happen.
>>                   Best>>>>>>>Dale
>>      Agreed !... but that being said, its also cool to eventually get them
> explained as well. As far as the time window... dont you think that kind of
> depends on some things ?

                     Richard

     Well of course but I think I stated my suspicions as to what's involved.
The first time I experienced this phenom. was on a Stwy A-3 that many who
originall played it were not overly impressed and then it kind of sat oround
the shop 3 months without much playing. As I played it (which was very
little) I thought I noticed an improvement in the sustain power and focous of
the tone. The same people who then played it later asked what I had done
because it sounded better. These were unsolicited comments and these are
folks with some ears on mind you, techs and players both
             Dale Erwin