Collard and Collard

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Sat, 5 Oct 2002 22:31:48 -0300

Hi,
I have repaired similar type things, with old drumhead material.
That is of course, as long as someone doesn't care about maintaining the =
historical or antique value.
Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: jolly roger=20
  To: Pianotech ; pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, October 05, 2002 9:56 PM
  Subject: Re: Collard and Collard

  Hi Carl,
                If I recall correctly, they are parchment. Years ago I =
repaired some with supple thin leather.  Never had a recall.  If you can =
get the original material, that would be the way to fly.
  Roger

    The only place I might have trouble is the dampers.  It has =
parchment hinges for the damper lever hinges and leather for the hinge =
at the joint where the damper wire joins the damper lever. =20

    My question is:  Should I use parchment or is there something as =
good, better or worse?  Would a blob of pvce glue work okay and last for =
the joint?  I'm guessing that using the original materials would be =
advisable.  But suggestions would be welcomed.  I'll consider them and =
reject them as required.=20

    Thanks.

    Carl Meyer  Assoc. PTG
    Santa Clara, California